Friday, July 29, 2011

One of the coolest things on earth




Well I am finally back. The past couple of weeks was a total blur. The parts I do recall were awesome! Having recently attended the CLA gamefair, I saw first hand how a sportsman show can and should be run. The CLA is the largest outdoor sporting event in the world. There is no other thing that compares, not even close. On Sunday at the show the gate tally was 144,000 people. That's just a couple.

The CLA is all encompassing when it comes to outdoor activities. Of course there was fishing, the main purpose of my visit. But you cant even begin to guess what all is there. Falconry, climbing, shooting, biking, ATVs, hunting, archery, wildlife art, Agriculture, all types of hand made goods, clothing, dogs and dog trials, and even an off road course for driving your Land Rover. In the 3 days I was there I don't think I saw 20% of the show. To see something like this you need a well planned itinerary

The casting events at the CLA are run seamlessly. The competition steep and you had better be on your game if you are planning to compete. The casting celebrities are everywhere. I was lucky enough to attend this years CLA and competed in the International Spey Casting Open. Through hard work a ton of practice and with good friends on your side.

The week was a complete success! not only did my team do very well all members setting milestones. I competed in my first 18 foot comp. and took a wonderful second place but set a new standard for American casters. Becoming the first American caster to break the 200' mark. Also becoming the first caster to place at the CLA in a decade.

All I can say after being there is that this is an event that should not be missed by any vendor or spectator if they have the time to make it over there they will not be disappointed. I have a feeling the Fly Fishing Shop will have a presents there next year!!! If you want an over site of the CLA here is a link http://www.gamefair.co.uk/ have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment